Education and Commemoration Program
The Fannie Lou Hamer Cancer Foundation and Mississippi Network for Cancer Control/the University of Southern Mississippi partnered to host a first time ever Law Enforcement Fighting Crime and Cancer Appreciation Award event on June 27, 2013 in Greenwood, MS.
The event was coordinated by Freddie White-Johnson who is the Founder & President of the Fannie Lou Hamer Cancer Foundation; and the Program Director of the Mississippi Network for Cancer Control and Prevention, a program of the University of Southern Mississippi.
This lifesaving event is designed to honor law enforcement for their fight against CRIME and CANCER. This special event is pivotal to helping promote awareness around this dreaded disease while recognizing the important role of law enforcement in safeguarding our public safety.
- Proclamation from the Governor
- Letter from the President of the University of Southern Mississippi
- Letter from Freddie White-Johnson
- Letter from Congressman Bennie G. Thompson
- Letter from the Mississippi State Health Department’s Health Officer – Dr. Mary Currier
- Letter from the Delta Hills Public Health’s District Health Officer – Dr. Alfio Rausa
- Letter from MS State Senator Lydia Chassaniol, District 14
- Letter from Mississippi State Senator David Jordan, District 24
- Letter from MS State Representative Willie J. Perkins, Esquire – District 32
- Letter from MS State Representative Linda Whittington, District 34
- Letter from the City of Greenwood, Mayor Carolyn McAdams
- Letter from the President of the Leflore County Board of Supervisors, Robert Collins
- Letter from Paul Ott, The Eagle Radio and TV Network
Give $1 and Leave a Legacy!
We need 1,000,000 heroes to donate $1 to help us fight cancer and complete this project- The construction of the FannieLou Hamer Cancer Foundation’s headquarters.